Winter storm warnings, climate advisories in impact for elements of Utah
In parts of Utah, winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories from the National Weather Service are in effect until Saturday afternoon.
Look here for weather warnings and notices for your region.
Winter storm warnings
Winter storm warnings are in effect in Box Elder, Duchesne, Juab, and Morgan counties from 3:00 p.m. Friday to 4:00 p.m. Saturday.
Heavy snowfall is expected, with snow accumulations of 12 to 20 inches and higher amounts of snow in some areas. Gusts of wind could reach 50 miles per hour.
The warning concerns the western Uinta Mountains and the Wasatch Mountains.
According to the NWS, traveling can be very difficult if not impossible as blowing snow leads to poor visibility. Travelers are asked to bring additional flashlights, food and water in their vehicles in the event of an emergency.
Winter weather information
For the Counties Cache, Carbon and Emery, winter weather information applies from Friday afternoon to Saturday, 4:00 p.m.
Snow piles of two to five inches are expected in Cache Valley and five to 10 inches of snow in the Wasatch Plateau, Book Cliffs, and Central Mountain areas.
Drifting snow can make traveling difficult due to poor visibility. Drivers are encouraged to slow down and exercise caution when traveling.
Visit udot.utah.gov to check the road conditions.
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 13 FIRST ALERT WEATHER APP
CLICK HERE for Apple iOS
CLICK HERE for Android
The FOX 13 First Alert Weather app provides real-time information on severe weather conditions across the state and the following features to help protect your family:
• Access to broadcaster content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• High resolution satellite cloud images
• Future radar to see where severe weather is going
• The current weather is updated several times an hour
• Ability to add and save your preferred locations
• Daily and hourly forecasts updated hourly by our computer models
• A fully integrated GPS for current location detection
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in bad weather
• Severe weather warnings from the National Weather Service