Now, scan QR Code and journey on Metro- The New Indian Specific
KOCHI: To encourage cashless transactions, Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has added another function for the convenience of commuters. Metro users can now use the Kochi 1 app to generate a ticket with the QR code on their mobile phone. You can use this QR code at the entry point and take the subway. This is completely cashless and does not require an interface to the ticket office operator. This allows passengers to enter the platform directly without having to queue at the ticket counters. One person must download the Kochi1 application from the Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for IOS users).
Steps to create a mobile QR code ticket for non-cardholders:
1. Open the Kochi1 application from the mobile phone
2. Switch to the Kochi Metro tab
3. Select Start Station and End Station from the drop-down list
4. Click the Book Now button
5. Review the ticket details and the amount to be confirmed, then click Pay
6. Enter your 6-digit mPIN to continue (for Kochi 1 card holders, the amount will be deducted from the online balance).
7. The app will redirect you to the Axis Bank payment page, where you can enter further debit / credit card details, followed by OTP.
8. Ticket details with QR code are generated on the screen
9. Go to the menu at any time and click Tickets to view your live or previous tickets.
10. The generated QR code ticket can be used for boarding and alighting by scanning at KMRL-AFC gates.