5 attention-grabbing issues to do that week – Marin Unbiased Journal
• Would you like to learn more about Japan? Dimensions in the journey Owner Diana Saint James, who lived and traveled in Japan, shares her secret places, culinary discoveries, photos and more in the conversation “Unexpected Japan” on Monday at 10 am on Zoom. Register at marinlibrary.org/corte-madera and learn more about the free event at the Corte Madera Library.
• Authors Kristin Hannah, Ciji Ware, Jill Barnett, and Kim Cates, all of whom are books about women in World War II, discuss the often overlooked role women play in War in Women at War: The Resilience, Fortitude, and Valor of Women in the Second World War ”forum online at 5 pm Wednesday. Register for Sausalito Books by the Bay at sausalitobooksbythebay.com.
• Marin County’s Health Officer Matt Willis shares the challenges of dealing with COVID-19 in Marin at the Marin Coalition event on Tuesday lunchtime on Zoom. Register for the free event at marincoalition.org.
• New York Times bestselling author, educator, and activist Renée Watson reads at Marin City Live! From her new middle class book “Ways to Make Sunshine”. Wednesday at 2 p.m. online. To register, send an email to [email protected] or call the Marin City Library at 415-332-6158.
• Learn about the birds you can find in your garden as Bob Mauceli’s talk in Novato speaks on Zoom on Wednesday at 4pm. Register at marinlibrary.org.